In response to your requirement about compiling PuPy project into executable, I would want to mention that as the project uses dependencies which are out of support now for Windows machines, I would not be able to create a standalone executable for you :( . I have worked more than 7 hours trying to get this work but the required modules are legacy product now. However, here are some of my findings about the project which will be useful and you can consider supplying them to the next developer you get in touch with (You don't really need to know what all this means - simply give these info to the developer at least to make his life easier ;) - i thought it would be nice to at least to give you what I was able to conclude)
* Project PuPy depends primarily on package 'rpyc' (without quotes), available on Python package index (PyPi)
* It is required to have Python 2.x to run the dependencies properly (an older build would be more suitable as the project is a bit old)
* some modules (or packages) required are
- cPickle (bundled with Py2.x distro - NOT available in py3.x (name changed to pickle to implement CPython)),
- readline (gets shipped with older builds of py2.x - no longer supported on windows for newer releases - the main issue - will definitely need venv to resolve)
- argparse (bundled with py2.x distros usually, also available on PyPi)
I am sorry for not being able to able to help you out - I tried what I could - But I thank you for considering me. I do hope you get this project done :) Thank You!